Posted by BridgeAthletic on Nov 22, 2013 1:52:00 PM
The Power Clean Pull is the first pull exercise in the power series. Following the Dumbbell Jump Shrug, this exercise is the next step in the strength training progression from a strength phase to a power phase. The Power Clean Pull is a compound exercise that helps the athlete develop power and speed through the hips.
- Starting position: set your feet to wider than shoulder width, toes pointed out, weight evenly distributed across feet, knees over feet, chest up and back flat.
- Your grip will be wider than shoulder width, and the your shins will be touching the bar.
- In starting the exercise, control the upward movement and increase speed as you move the bar towards the knees.
- Without a pause in the movement, continue acceleration of the bar as you move the weight past the knees and over the hips.
- Focus on triple extension: good timing of your triple extension will improve the speed, power, and quality of the movement.
- If timing is correct, the triple extension will result in a jump at the climax of the movement.
- Do not force the jump movement, it will result in back pain. Again, the jump is the culmination of good timing of the triple extension.
- Under control, bring the bar back to the ground, reset, and continue with the rest of the set.
Topics: Performance Trends