Sleep is crucial to an athlete's overall performance. However, sleep can be a hard metric to track and control - especially for student athletes. Ways to enhance sleep isn't always a one size fits all. So, we complied a list of different tips to help your athletes get in those important z's.
You want a cave-like environment
1. A quiet space. Use earplugs if needed.
2. A dark room with very little to no light source
3. A cool room - between 60 - 67 degrees Fahrenheit
4. A room without a clock. Turn your clock away from you so you aren't tempted to watch the clock
1. Avoid caffeine up to 4 hours before bed time
2. Implement a wind-down routine
3. Practice visualization and meditation exercises
4. Unplug your devices and stay off screens near bed time
5. Reduce alcohol intake
6. Maintain a sleep schedule
7. Get daily sunshine and fresh air
For more information on how to enhance your athletes sleep check out these great resources:
As Olympians, professional athletes, and coaches, we understand the work it takes to achieve your goals. Having seen first-hand the difference access to great coaching can make, we want to make that competitive advantage available to every athlete, everywhere. That's why we are bringing you unrivaled technology and training content to get you ready for wherever your athletes take you.